Welcome to the Gosport School Sport Partnership Website
The GSSP is hosted at Bridgemary School and the team at the Gosport SSP is committed to ensuring that the community of Gosport, especially young people, has the best opportunities and provision possible. Working in partnership with key partners locally and nationally we are able to offer a breadth of opportunities for schools, clubs and local people to access.
The Governments’ vision for sport will be delivered through the School Games programme, which has a strong emphasis on learning through competition. The School Games underline this Government’s commitment to providing a new approach to competitive school sport designed to motivate and enthuse all young people.
Our key areas of work centers on core strands such as leadership and volunteering, gifted and talented identification and support, high quality provision within the PE curriculum and through extra-curricular activities, investing in staff through the provision of professional development opportunities and parental & family engagement. We have developed strong links with a range of agencies to help support with this delivery, which include Gosport Borough Council, local community clubs, National Governing Bodies of Sport and the Youth Sport Trust.
Our Partnership has been active since 2000 and has transformed the landscape of PE & School Sport in schools across Gosport and Hampshire.
We are committed to using the power of sport, dance and physical activity to enrich the lives of young people; creating more opportunities for them to participate and volunteer within their school and the local community.
We believe that these opportunities should:
- Have a clear educational value
- Be inclusive and easily accessible to all children
- Encourage aspiration and achievement
- Inspire and motivate
- Provide a varied menu of activities
- Value participation regardless of ability
- Encourage and support progression to higher levels of performance as appropriate
- Provide opportunities for competition at various levels
- Encourage positive personal and social values and skills, such as team work, communication and problem solving, cooperative and competitive skills, self esteem, self belief and confidence, self awareness and self management, respect for others
- Promote responsibility as a citizen and develop leadership
Core Values – what are the key values that underpin our work?
- Learning for All
- Achievement for All